Is artificial intelligence a threat? Experts weigh the risks
July 02, 2015
As several tech luminaries express worries about the future of AI, researchers met at a D.C. think tank to discuss whether advances could pose a threat.
David Stegon was a staff reporter for FedScoop and StateScoop from 2011-2014.
The Department of Homeland Security officially relaunched its website, dhs.gov, aiming for a more user-friendly and easier navigation experience.
The new design, unveiled Friday, incorporates user feedback and current web practices, the agency said.
“Our new website design was guided by user feedback and best practices in user-centered design. The goals of the redesign are to simplify and unify DHS.gov’s content and create a more consistent look and feel throughout the site,” wrote DHS Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs Pia Carusone on the agency blog last week giving a preview of the new site.
Some of the new highlights from DHS:
- Visit the new Topics pages, each with their own Resource Directories to relevant information
- Use the How Do I? sections to find answers to commonly asked questions
- Learn how to Get Involved with agency activities for the public
- Go to the About DHS section o learn about DHS’ budget, leadership, organization, career options and history
- See the new multimedia page and photos of DHS at work in the News section
- Use the improved search engine to quickly find relevant search results