GSA, 18F award first series of agile software contracts
August 28, 2015
New "agile marketplace" blanket purchase agreement marks a key step toward teaming with vendors for faster software development.
David Stegon was a staff reporter for FedScoop and StateScoop from 2011-2014.
The Department of Defense is looking for a principal director to the deputy chief information ffficer for cybersecurity. The job pays between $119,554 and $179,700 and is open for applications until May 29.
- Assists the DCIO (CS) in managing, directing, executing, overseeing and implementing the Defense Information Assurance policies, strategies, and programs across the DoD and within Federal Standards.
- Provides policy expertise, program guidance, and defense-wide oversight, to the DCIO (CS) on all aspects and matters related to DoD Cybersecurity policies, identity management, crypto modernization, information sharing and partnerships, IA Architecture, and Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM).
- Develops capabilities to monitor and improve compliance with IA policies and procedures and ensures continuous monitoring plans in support of White House and legislative directed cyber security initiatives.
- Manages the DCIO (CS) activities to include the DoD IA multi-appropriations budget, engages in all phases of planning, programming, budgeting execution submissions processes.
- Makes recommendations on policies and standards to be developed in order to promote effective safe sharing of information for all agencies that operate on classified computer networks.