The Department of Education is seeking a supervisory information technology specialist to work in the office of the chief information officer. The job pays between $123,758 and $155,500 and is open for applications until August 14.
- Directs and manages annual departmental reporting and compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Assists the Office of the Inspector General with support and resolution of security audits and audit findings.
- Oversees the Department’s Information Assurance Training Program. Ensures the continued development of the IA Training Program, to provide for the necessary instruction and education in security disciplines and subject areas for all departmental employees and contractor staff.
- Develops, updates and maintains the body of information assurance policy, guidance and handbooks for the Department.
- Develops, updates, and tracks performance against the Department’s Information Assurance Strategic Plan. Ensures the plan aligns with the CIO’s and Department’s Strategic Plan.
- Develops and maintains performance against an IA metrics program. These IA metrics will enable IA management to assess the effectiveness of IA programs and projects, and provide information critical to the formulation of fiscal year budget submissions.