FedScoop is proud to announce the 4th Annual Lowering the Cost of Government with IT Summit that will be held on August 22, 2012, in Washington D.C. This event will bring together government and industry IT leaders to discuss the best ways government can become more efficient and save money through the use of innovative technologies. The discussion will focus on customer engagement, security, mobility, open source and a variety of other best practices for lowering the government’s cost of doing business.
- August 22, 2012, 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- The Newseum, Washington, D.C.
- Industry: $195
- Government: $45 (After August 1st)
CIO & Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology, Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Deputy Cyber Security Advisor, NIST
CTO, Census Bureau
CTO, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, DHS
CIO, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, DHS
|Dr. Ron Ross
Senior Computer Scientist and Fellow, NIST
Deputy Associate CIO for Cybersecurity & Deputy CISO, DOE
CTO, Health & Civilian Solutions, General Dynamics Information Technology
Director of Business Development, Intel Federal
Deputy Director, Niche Programs – Network Services/Program Manager – ITS Mobility, GSA
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Registration and Networking Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.
- Goldy Kamali, CEO & Publisher, FedScoop
9:05 a.m. – 9:25 a.m.
Morning Keynote Address
- Casey Coleman, CIO, GSA
9:25 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.
Delivering the Promise of Mobile
- Gigi Schumm, Vice President & General Manager, Public Sector, Symantec
9:40 a.m. – 9:55 a.m.
Standards and Best Practices: Lowering Life Cycle Costs for Cybersecurity
- Donna Dodson, Deputy Cyber Security Advisor, NIST
10:00 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.
Lower Cost of Ownership Through Improved Cyber Security
- Paul Cunningham, Deputy Associate CIO for Cybersecurity, Dept. Of Energy
- Dr. Ron Ross, Senior Computer Scientist and NIST Fellow, NIST
- Mark Schwartz, CIO, USCIS, DHS
- Bob Petitt, Director of Business Development, Federal, Intel (Moderator)
10:35 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
Creating Meaningful Cost Savings in Government
- Doug Bourgeois, VP, Federal Chief Cloud Executive, VMware
10:50 a.m. – 11:05 a.m.
11:05 a.m. – 11:25 a.m.
Big Data Keynote Address
- Robert Bectel, CTO & Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, DOE
11:25 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
A Data Conversation: Taking a Unified Approach to Information
- Diana Zavala, Director of Information Management & Analytics, US Public Sector, HP
- Valerie Logan, VP of Strategy & Portfolio, Information Management and Analytics, Worldwide HP
11:40 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Going Mobile with Reduced Complexity
- Avi Bender, CTO, Census Bureau
- David Peters, Program Manager of Federal Strategic Sourcing Wireless & TEMS, GSA
- Sasi Pillay, CTO, NASA
- Kent Cunningham, CTO, Federal, Civilian & Health, Microsoft (Moderator)
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Mobility: Trends, Technology & Value
- Greg Sanchez, CTO, Health & Civilian Solutions, General Dynamics Information Technology
12:30 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
Building an Efficient IT Service Organization
- Roger Baker, CIO & Assistant Secretary for Information & Technology, Dept. of Veterans Affairs
12:50 p.m. – 1:10 p.m.
Customs & Border Protection Mobility
- Wolf Tombe, CTO, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, DHS
1:10 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20001
Contact us to sponsor this event.