The White House released new versions of its apps for iPhone and Android, along with revamping the mobile version of WhiteHouse.gov that will make 99% of the site available to mobile users.
“Today, we’re excited to announce some big changes to the way you connect with the White House,” wrote Peter Welch on the White House blog, noting that mobile visits to WhiteHouse.gov have tripled the past two years and are now at 15 percent of all visits.
He continued, “In order to meet this growing demand, we’ve relaunched the entire White House mobile program, making it even easier to see what’s going on at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.”
Some of the apps’ features include:
- Live video streams of White House events
- Access to WhiteHouse.gov’s incomparable photo and video archives
- High resolution photos using iPad’s Retina display
- The latest news from the White House blog and press Briefing Room
- Tools to search WhiteHouse.gov, save your favorite items, and share them via Facebook and Twitter
- Notifications of breaking news and opportunities to take action