Some agencies spending 90-percent of IT budget on legacy systems — report
October 21, 2016
Some agencies are spending 90 percent or more of their IT budgets on operations and maintenance, the report released last week found.
David Stegon was a staff reporter for FedScoop and StateScoop from 2011-2014.
Actors Geena Davis and Andrew Shue and Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey are among three of the celebrity judges in the new White House Equal Futures App Challenge aimed at promoting civic education and inspiring "girls to serve as leaders in our democracy."
Other judges include:
Apps should accomplish one or more of the following:
- Educate girls about the gender gap in public leadership using existing, publicly-available information (e.g. properly attributed data from websites such as that of the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University, etc.)
- Connect girls with role models by highlighting women in public leadership positions
- Teach girls about what it means to be an effective leader
- Empower girls to engage with their elected representatives
- Prepare girls to serve in government and run for office themselves
Deadline for submission is January 12, 2013, at 12:00 a.m. EDT.