Why you can’t decide (And what to do about it)
May 27, 2016
Commentary: The rapidly changing digital world can leave tech executives feeling overwhelmed when they're faced with charting the course of their company's cybersecurity strategy.
David Stegon was a staff reporter for FedScoop and StateScoop from 2011-2014.
The National Credit Union Administration, an independent federal agency that supervises and charters federal credit unions, is looking for a chief information officer. Salary is $125,000 to $195,000 per year. Application deadline is December 14.
- As the Chief Information Officer you will exercise executive leadership, direction, coordination and control over the IT programs, services and resources necessary to support the mission and operations of the agency
- Direct the design, development, implementation and continuous evaluation and oversight of NCUA's information resources management program
- Oversee the OCIO financial management process, including contracting, capital planning management, annual budget preparation, execution and monitoring
- Serve as expert and senior advisor to the NCUA Board and Executive Director in the areas of information resources management, including information management systems, data processing and telecommunications services, and plans to support NCUA's mission
- Serve as the focal point and liaison with internal and external users for all information technology activities and programs
- Direct the legal, appropriate and effective acquisition of all agency IT products and services
- Oversee recruiting and retaining highly qualified staff throughout OCIO
- Oversee agency security programs to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks and data
- Develop and manage customer-focused initiatives to re-engineer and improve program and IT practices while ensuring product quality and conformance to customer specifications
- Responsible for directing the NCUA records management program and ensuring the development and application of effective records management policies, procedures and execution throughout the agency.