Air Force plans Windows 10 upgrade by 2018
August 24, 2016
Originally, DOD had planned to complete the departmentwide transition by early 2017.
David Stegon was a staff reporter for FedScoop and StateScoop from 2011-2014.
Want to be the next commissioner of the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service? Time is running out to apply.
The deadline to apply for the position closes on Friday. The job pays between $119,554 and $179,700 per year.
The FAS Commissioner reports to the Administrator of GSA. The Commissioner is the senior executive responsible for FAS and the primary advisor to the Administrator and the Deputy Administrator on all FAS matters. The Commissioner will lead the FAS organization and is responsible for:
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
- Holding to the highest level of ethical behavior and decision making as a fundamental value.
- Supporting GSA so it functions as an integrated and synergistic enterprise.
- Setting FAS strategic direction which includes disciplined inquiry into its core business models and fit with its markets.
- Sourcing, developing, and challenging the current FAS leadership team and a successor layer of talent.
- Positioning FAS as a source and sophisticated user of sustainable solutions.
- Functioning in a transparent manner so customers, employees, stakeholders, oversight bodies, and GSA colleagues can all understand and be full partners in FAS's mission.
- Holding to a paced rhythm of planning, measuring and reporting necessary for responsible management of an enterprise of this size and complexity.
- Experience with developing and implementing large organizational strategies.
- Ability to work at scale (global organization, many people, large budgets, multiple stakeholders).
- Customer and market facing mentality.
- Understanding of risk management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A bias for innovation.
- An appetite for solving problems.
- Facility with collaboration technologies and techniques.
- Knowledgeable about organizational transformation.
- A track record of growing leaders and unlocking talent.
- Communications skills that are effective and agile across various media and audiences.
- Expertise in a significant sub-set of: acquisition, information technology, consulting, strategy, sustainable businesses, strategic sourcing, supply chain management, change management, consumer goods, financial management, outsourcing, marketing, and project management.