The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services named new and continuing members to the Health Information Technology Policy and Health Information Technology Standards Committees, the department announced.
The members of the committees will advise National Coordinator for Health Information Technology Farzad Mostashari.
“The role the Policy and Standards Committees play in helping guide the nation’s health IT policy is immeasurable,” Mostashari said. “HHS relies on their input and guidance because of each member’s broad and diverse perspectives that have been informed by their real-world experience.”
- Jeremy Delinsky, small innovative provider representative; senior vice president and chief technology officer, Athenahealth, Natick, Mass.
- Lorraine Doo, M.S.W.A., M.P.H., federal representative for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS); senior advisor, CMS, Baltimore, Md. * continuing
- James Ferguson, health plans representative; vice president of health information technology strategy and policy, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif. * continuing
- Keith J. Figlioli, purchaser/employer representative; senior vice president of healthcare informatics, Premier Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Lisa Gallagher, B.S.E.E., C.I.S.M., C.P.H.I.M.S., HITsecurity representative, senior director of privacy and security, HIMSS, Washington, D.C.
- John D. Halamka, M.D., M.S., chief information officer representative; Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass. * continuing as vice chair
- Taha A. Kass-Hout, M.D., M.S., federal representative for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); director of the division of informatics solutions and operations, CDC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Anne LeMaistre, M.D., chief medical information officer representative; senior director clinical information systems and chief medical information officer, Seton Healthcare Family, Ascension Health, Austin, Texas
- Deven McGraw, privacy and security representative; director, Health Privacy Project, CDT, Washington, D.C.
- Kim Nolen, pharmacy representative; medical outcomes specialist, Pfizer Inc., Peachtree City, Ga.
- Nancy Orvis, federal representative for Department of Defense (DoD); director, National Health IT Standards Participation and IM/IT Integration, DoD, Falls Church, Va. * continuing
- Wes Rishel, HIT representative; vice president and distinguished analyst, Gartner, Mckinleyville, Calif. * continuing
- Charles H. Romine, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); director information technology laboratory, NIST, Gaithersburg, Md. * continuing
- Eric Rose, M.D., provider/HIT implementation representative; director of clinical terminology, Intelligent Medical Objects, Seattle, Wash.
- Christopher Ross, M.B.A., chief information officer representative; chief information officer, Mayo Clinic, Minneapolis, Minn. * continuing
- Andrew Wiesenthal, M.D., S.M., provider/hit implementation representative; director of health care practice, Deloitte Consulting, San Francisco, Calif.