Marines seek CTO
The U.S. Marine Corps is looking for a chief technology officer to work in the Intelligence Department of the department’s headquarters. The job pays between 119,554 and $165,300 per year and is open for applications until April 15.
- The incumbent formulates intelligence information management and technology strategies, goals, policies, and plans in accordance with the Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), Joint Staff, and Department of the Navy (DON), and Marine Corps guidance. Coordinates with the Marine Corps Chief Information Officer (CIO) on all C4 and systems-related matters, including the identification of emerging technologies.
- This position is that of a recognized expert in intelligence technologies and their applicability. Provides leadership to Marine Corps, DON and DoD intelligence functions through rapid prototyping, technology development and transition, and portfolio management activities. Serves as principal advisor to HQMC-I for intelligence prototyping and acquisition activities across Marine Corps, DON, DoD and the wider IC. As a recognized subject matter expert, the incumbent will establish partnering agreements with IC stakeholders.
- The incumbent coordinates Intelligence Information Technology (IT) funding. Provides fiscal and budgetary execution oversight for IT and information assurance (IA) programs, promulgates intelligence IT investment guidance on behalf of the Director of Intelligence (DirInt).
- Defines and issues HQMC intelligence-related IT standards and policies in accordance with Marine Corps, DON, DoD, and IC information standards and guidelines, to include the Global Information Grid Enterprise Services (GIG-ES), DoD IT Standards Registry (DISR), Information Sharing, and other DoD and Intelligence Community mandates.
- Represents the DirInt at senior-level National, Joint, DoD, DON, and inter-service councils, committees, and forums that address intelligence-related IT and ISR technologies, issues and future requirements and solution sets.