DOD Seeks Principal Director to DCIO
The Department of Defense is looking for a principal director to the deputy chief information officer for C4 and Information Infrastructure Capabilities. The position pays between $119,554 and $179,700 per year and is open for applications until May 23.
- Provides technical expertise to the DCIO (C4IIC), the DoD CIO and Deputy CIOs (DCIOs) on all matters related to communications capabilities which include technical disciplines ranging from communications and electronic component technology to highly complex systems that involve qualitative and quantitative analyses employing a variety of disciplines.
- Provides support for disciplines involving integration and synchronization of Defense-wide communications and infrastructure programs and efforts to achieve and maintain information dominance for DoD.
- Manages for the DoD policies, and strategies for design, architecture, interoperability standards, capability development and sustainment of critical C2 and communications for NS/EP, COOP/COG, nuclear and non-nuclear strategic strike, integrated missile defense, and Defense and National Leadership Command Capabilities.
- Serves as the primary OSD advocate for the White House Military Office (WHMO) issues related to DoD communications programs and C2 assets. Ensures DISA alignment with DoD CIO plans and strategies.
- Assists the DCIO (C4IIC) and the DoD CIO with respect to management DoD communications and networks in the areas of policy, programs, interoperability and architecture, operations oversight ensuring they are integrated and implemented Department wide. Works with joint staff to achieve outcomes.